Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Aruba: Day Six, Seven, and Home

Happy New Year! 
Now, to finish my Aruba posts. This will be the last one. 

Day Six:
We went "SNUBAING" Have you ever heard of it? I hadn't either until I visited Aruba. Basically they say it's a mixture between snorkeling and scuba diving. You are attached to an oxygen tank that is on a raft. So you don't have a tank on your back. The raft will move with you and the tube is about 20 feet long, which means you can go pretty deep. Only Nick and I tried it. We stopped at two spots. The first one was where Antilla, a Dutch ship during WWII sunk. It was cool! Snuba was a neat experience, but I'm not sure I would do it again. I kept getting water in my goggles and my ears hurt A LOT from the pressure change. My ears were clogged for a few days. I actually almost quit in the middle, but I kept going! After, I went snorkeling in the reefs and saw lots of cool fish! The water was rough so it was work to swim around. We did that in the morning and went swimming in the afternoon. It was a fun day! I have to share something dumb I did that afternoon at the pool though. As soon as we got to the pool I jumped right in because I was hot. I definitely didn't realized I wasn't completely in the deep end because I hit the bottom of the pool, hard! I took a chunk out of my toe (lots of blood) and I stubbed/bruised my other toe. Ouch! I will spare the picture of my toe. 
On our way to snuba/snorkel
Nick Snubaing
Yeah...I don't look too happy
Dad is excited to be snorkeling!
My studly brother ready to snorkel

Day Seven:
Last full day in Aruba- so sad! Which meant last day to get some sun! That morning, my Mom and I went for our last walk of the trip. They have good walking paths in Aruba, which is great because you can walk right along the water without being actually on the beach. You can also check out the beautiful resorts on the island. We went to the pool that day. Later that night my Mom and I went to the shopping mall. Underwhelming shopping...so we met up with the men to watch the second half of the UL vs. UK basketball game. We went to a bar on the beach and enjoyed some drinks.  I had a delicious Mai Tai and Pina Colada. When we were there, the sun was setting so I had the opportunity and took LOTS of pictures. After we went home and headed to bed relatively early since we had to get up early the next day. 

The men watching the game
Mom and I watching the game
Amazing sunset!

The next morning we went to mass at 7:30 am and then came back to pack. We headed for the airport at 11 and we were off at 3:40. Lots of resting/reading/listening to music while we waited  We arrived in Charlotte at 7 pm and our flight to JFK wasn't until 10 pm. We didn't get home until 2am! Long day, but AWESOME vacation! Aruba is a beautiful Island and I would love to visit again! 

Here are the other Aruba posts:
Preview of Aruba
Aruba: Day One & Two
Aruba: Day Three, Four, & Five

No comments:

Post a Comment