Monday, January 9, 2012

Three Movies, Two Weeks

I've seen three movies in the theater in the past two weeks! That is unheard of because I usually only see three movies the entire year. The three I saw were Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, War Horse, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. All three were very different but I enjoyed all three of them. On Rotten Tomatoes they received high rankings (Mission 93%, War 77%, Tattoo 86%). They all deserved them! I don't have a favorite out of any of them because they are all different genres. 


I'm  not usually an action-kind-of-movie-person, but I really liked Mission Impossible! It was action packed and not too gory from all the shooting and killing. All the actors including Tom Cruise performed well. Below is a summary of the movie from IMDB
"In the 4th installment of the Mission Impossible series, Ethan Hunt and his team are racing against time to track down a dangerous terrorist named Hendricks, who has gained access to Russian nuclear launch codes and is planning a strike on the United States. An attempt by the team to stop him at the Kremlin ends in a disaster, with an explosion causing severe destruction to the Kremlin and the IMF being implicated in the bombing, forcing the President to invoke Ghost Protocol, under which the IMF is disavowed, and will be offered no help or backup in any form. Undaunted, Ethan and his team chase Hendricks to Dubai, and from there to Mumbai, but several spectacular action sequences later, they might still be too late to stop a disaster."


Since seeing the previews of War Horse I've been wanting to see it, so I finally saw it. I took my Grandpa because I thought he would like it and he did. He hadn't been to a movie in over 20 years! I especially think older people would enjoy this movie because of the war references. The movie got intense with all the shooting and war scenes, but it wasn't too much for me. Below is a summary of the movie from IMDB
"Young Albert enlists to service in WWI after his beloved horse, Joey, is sold to the cavalry. Albert's hopeful journey takes him out of England and across Europe as the war rages on."


My mom and I went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because we both had read the book. The book was sooo good! When I was reading it, I didn't want to put it down. This movie was SO intense (funny how all three of these movies were! No chick flicks here! ha). It followed almost exactly as the book. The actors were amazing in the movie because they played such dynamic characters. It definitely should have been rated-R because it was explicit, a lot more than I thought! The girl was weirder and more grungy in the movie than I had imagined when reading the book. I want to read the next two books in the series now. Below is the summary from IMDB
"This English-language adaptation of the Swedish novel by Stieg Larsson follows a disgraced journalist, Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig), as he investigates the disappearance of a wealthy patriarch's niece from 40 years ago. He is aided by the pierced, tattooed, punk computer hacker named Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara). As they work together in the investigation, Blomkvist and Salander uncover immense corruption beyond anything they have ever imagined."

No comments:

Post a Comment