Sunday, January 1, 2012

Roasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza

Happy New Year! Best wishes to you!
Last night I arrived back home from Florida after visiting my grandparents for Christmas. The night before I spent it in Louisville and got to see my friends. It was a lot of fun as usual! While I was in Florida I tried out this new recipe I found from a blog that I follow, Sugar Cooking. It is called Roasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza. You never know how a new recipe is going to turn out, especially serving it to my whole family...but it turned out GREAT! My family gave me lots of compliments :) Below is the recipe. 


Roasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza adapted from Sugar Cooking
Ingredients:
1 pizza crust (thawed)
1/2 cup prepared pesto (store bought or homemade)
1 tablespoon roasted garlic 
1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion 
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked
2 cups Mozzarella cheese 
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Romano cheese 
Olive Oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For cooking the chicken I cut the breasts into small pieces in a pan over the stove. Add a little olive oil and the roasted garlic (optional: add salt and pepper). 
Spread the pizza dough onto the pan. (My dad this for me because it was a little difficult!) I used a frozen pizza crust and let it completely thaw. Put a little olive oil on both sides of the crust.
Spread the pesto on the pizza. Add the onions, mushrooms, and cooked chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella and top with Parmesan and Romano.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serves 4. We made two pizzas to everyone could have some. 

Enjoy :) 
Pizza Dough I used...from Walmart!
Dad flattening the dough
With the pesto, mushrooms, and onions 
Time to add the chicken and cheese!
We had salad with our pizza
Final Product...so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment