Monday, June 13, 2011

Lovely Sunday in Spain

Yesterday (Sunday) was another beautiful day in Segovia. It was warm and the sun was shining. In the morning I went to mass with two friends at the Cathedral in Segovia. I hadn't been in the cathedral yet. I took some pictures of the inside. The mass was in the small chapel on the side of the church. It was one of the shorter masses I've ever been to, because it only lasted 35 minutes. There was no music, but I was so happy I was finally able to go to mass while I was here in Spain. Because the Catholic church is universal I knew everything that was going on, although I couldn't say all the prayers in Spanish. It was Pentecost yesterday too, so I can say I was in the Cathedral in Segovia celebrating Pentecost! 


In the afternoon, I went to a park to have a picnic with some friends. It was Maddie's (my roommate) birthday so we went to celebrate. I bought some pastries before to bring and enjoy. It was so pretty outside and it was great to relax, tomar el sol y charlar con amigos. I forgot to put on sunscreen so my shoulders got burnt, but I don't think I have a farmer's tan anymore which is good! 


 Cathedral
 Cathedral
Picnic at the Park

This week we only have three days of classes because we have a long weekend. I hope this week goes fast because I'm leaving for Barcelona on Wednesday, I can't wait! My classes are getting busier though. I have to interview an owner of a pasteleria for my business class. I'm a little nervous, but I think it will go well. Tomorrow our group is also going to Alcazar to go inside the castle there, but I will have to leave early because I have my interview. 


Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment