Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sweet Roasted Chickpeas

For a long time I've wanted to make roasted chickpeas because I found a recipe on  Pinterest. There are many different ways to make roasted chickpeas but I made a sweeter version today. I only used one can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) because I tried this new recipe just in case something went wrong. I experimented with this batch because I couldn't make up my mind on which spices to use. Below is a recipe that I found worked well. They tasted yummy and my parents thought so too!
Ingredients: 
1 (15 ounce can) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain the garbanzo beans and rinse them under cold water until starch is removed. Place chickpeas on a paper towel to dry. You can peel of the skins if you wish.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, cinnamon, and sugar. Place chickpeas in bowl and stir until all of the chickpeas are evenly coated. Spread out the chickpeas on a large baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until chickpeas are crunchy and no longer soft in the middle.
4.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Note: This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.

"Sweet Roasted Chickpeas make a great healthy snack. They are simple to make and will remind you of your favorite roasted cinnamon nuts. They also make a great gift during the holiday season." -Adapted from the blog: Two Peas and Their Pod






No comments:

Post a Comment