Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Week of July

This past week has been quite exciting! It was fun-filled and went so fast! Here is what went on...


Monday: Mom and I went to Jennings Beach in Fairfield, CT. It was a perfect day for the beach! Sunny with a few clouds and low humidity. Luckily I didn't get sun burnt.


Tuesday: Today was the day The View was going to be televised, the episode I saw live in NYC. I watched it, but unfortunately I didn't see myself! It was a little disappointing, oh well. It was funny how I missed a lot of the things they said live on the show when I was there.
Tuesday afternoon I picked up my boyfriend, Kevin, in New Haven from the train station. Afterwards we headed to Yale University for a guided tour. It was my third time going on the tour, but I enjoy it and I always learn something new. After the tour we went home. Later that night we watched the movie Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock).


Wednesday: HAPPY 4th of JULY! Kevin and I spent the whole day in Boston! Nick joined us as well. Since Kevin had never been to Boston of course we had to do the Freedom Trail. (If you never been to Boston, it highlights the important things in history). Before we started we went to Cheers Boston where they supposedly filmed the TV show. Then it was off to the Freedom Trail. Seeing all the highlights such as King's Chapel, Site of Boston Massacre, Old North Church, Paul Revere's House, and Bunker Hill. Along the way Kevin gave me lots of history lessons, I'm no expert yet though! For dinner we stopped outside that said "Oldest Tavern" called Bell in Hand. I ordered Crab Cakes and it was quite tasty. Afterwards we walked to where the Boston Tea Party occurred, which I had never seen before. We got there too late, so the museum was no longer open. We made our way back to Boston Commons and hung out there for a little while. It was really busy in Boston being the summer AND the 4th. We decided not to stay for the fireworks and headed home. I'd say it was a great day :)


Boston Commons
Thursday: Day in NYC! Kevin had never been to the city either, so we hit the highlights. We first went all the way down south to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty across the water. After we went to Central Park and went on the row boats in The Lake by the Boathouse. I always love doing that! I must say I have improved since last time I did that, but still need some more practice. Then we walked to Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza. We also saw St. Patrick's Cathedral and the Empire State building. We ate dinner outside in Rockefeller Plaza. After dinner we went back to Central Park. While we were there, we saw some action go down! There was a man tackling another man and 7 cops showed up! It was crazy. It didn't seem like that big of a deal so I'm not really sure why there were so many police officers. It was quite entertaining. After spending some time in the park we went back to grab some Junior's cheesecake before heading home. Another great day!



Central Park
Rockefeller Center
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Friday: Took Kevin back to the train station in New Haven and I took it easy the rest of the day. 


Saturday: Rest after an action packed week (plus working out, taking a nap, studying the GRE, and reading...some usuals). 


The week went way too fast, but I enjoyed every minute of it! It's so nice to be able to travel to awesome places so often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment