Friday, July 27, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting

I finished another book! I read Sisterhood Everlasting by: Ann Brashares. I discovered this book when I was reading the blog Meals and Miles. This book is the "5th" of the series Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. This book is 10 years later after the final book, catching up with the four friends: Carmen, Tibby, Lena, and Bridget. 


I have to say the book was not that great. The first half of the book was depressing and very slow. Very little action and a focus on the thoughts of each character. The ending was okay, it could have been worse. The four original books were probably 10x better then this final book. I wanted to read Sisterhood Everlasting because I read all the other ones so I figured I would read this one. 




Here is a little more about the plot of the book: 


NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

 Four friends
One sisterhood
Ten years later, the story continues
On the cusp of turning thirty, Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget are now living separate lives, out on their own. Yet despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness. Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment