Monday, July 23, 2012

First 5K in CT = Signed Up!

My Mom and I have been looking for a race to run this summer in CT. There definitely aren't as many races here compared to Louisville during the summer. It's been awhile since my Mom and I have run a race together. I believe that last one we ran together was the Louisville Mini-Marathon in April 2009. It's been way too long, so I'm excited to run this race with her in August! We were just talking the other day about races we have run and we couldn't count how many there are. My Mom ran all three mini-marathons with me while I was in high school and probably have run another 10 races together ranging from 5Ks to 10-milers. She was the person that got me into running! Thanks Mom! We also thought that we should have saved our race shirts to make a quilt, oh well. Should we start now?


Anyways, the race we are running is called MADD Dash 5K in Stratford, CT (which is around 45 minutes away). It is along Short Beach; I've never run by a beach. This should be exciting! The race is August 18th at 9 am. Less than a month away. I've been running  3-4 times a week (plus doing other workouts the rest of the week). So I will be ready for this race. It may not be very quick, but I know I will be able to complete it. Hopefully I can reach my goal of 3 miles in 27 minutes? We shall see! 


I'm glad this race is for a good cause too! It feels go knowing the money you paid for the race is going somewhere useful. MADD is Mother's Against Drunk Driving, fyi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment