Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hilton Head

My family and I (well minus Nick) went to Hilton Head, SC for a few days after Christmas. I love Hilton Head and this trip is my fourth time, I think? We stayed in Sea Pines close to Harbour Town. 

We had a lot of fun! The weather was definitely warmer than CT, but still jeans and sweatshirt weather (except for one 70 degree afternoon!)

We brought Penny with us and she had an absolute blast playing and running on the beach. She was a very good girl on the 16 hour drive as well. 

We did a lot of relaxing. We went on lots of walks around and on the beach, rode bikes, and also did some "house hunting" for my parents. 

One day we went to the Island Winery of Hilton Head for some wine tastings. Chris enjoyed the free cheese and crackers....

The wines were ok, nothing too special. I tried an apple wine. Talk about sweet! 



We had lunch at the famous The Salty Dog. It was delicous. I had a crab soup and shrimp salad sandwich. We had a great view outside our table as well. 





Lots of walks on the beach!



Harbour Town at night with all the Christmas decorations. It was very pretty!





And Harbour Town during the day time. 




Bike riding 


Fun on the tandem bike!
The house that we rented was really nice. It had it's own pool, even though it wasn't warm enough to swim, a golf course view, big back porch, huge living area, and three bedrooms. The location was great too, very close to the lighthouse. I didn't take many pictures of the house. 

Penny watching out for golfers
Backyard view of golf course
Back porch 
We took several car rides to the beach. What a cutie!



Penny is a big fan of Hilton Head and she loves her new hat!


 Hope to see you soon Hilton Head!

No comments:

Post a Comment