Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Healthy Turkey Chili

Coming back to some cold Kentucky weather I wanted to find a good (and healthy) soup recipe. I came across this Paleo Turkey Chili. It's really really good! I love it. I will be eating it for a week now since it made so many servings. I'm not complaining. 

The original recipe was made for a crockpot, but I left my on low on the stove for about 3-4 hours. 



Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 big green bell pepper, diced
  • 4 stalks celery, diced
  • 4 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes 
  • 14 oz. can fire roasted petite diced tomatoes
  • 14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
  • 2 Tbsp. cajun creole seasoning (Spice Hunter brand – a salt-free mix of Paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper, lemon peel, chile pepper, allspice, thyme, cloves, mace, red pepper, bay leaf) ***or whatever spices you like to add to a chili
Instructions
  1. Saute onions and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
  3. Throw the turkey/onion mixture and all other ingredients in the crockpot. Give a good stir, and cook on low 6-8 hours.
  4. Serve with avocado slices.


Recipe adapted from: Inspired RD

No comments:

Post a Comment