Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Positive Outlook

I meant to write this post yesterday but I was busy. A good busy though....I wanted to write about how these past few days, including today have been positive for me. For some reason, especially yesterday I woke refreshed and in a really good mood. I'm not sure why, any ideas? I think it may be because 1. I've gotten lots of A's back this semester so far, 2. Only a few more days until Spring Break (home!! yay!), 3. I'm ready to accomplish and get all these tests/presentations over with this week, 4. The weather has been great, 5. I have awesome friends 6. It's a leap year?...who knows but it's been a great week so far and it's only Wednesday! 


Monday was a good day especially when I went to ESL class. I met two teenagers from Cuba. The boy has only been in the United States for 3 months and the girl only 1 month. I was so impressed by how well the boy knew English. He wasn't fluent but he could definitely get by. He was telling me how the girl and him are freshman in high school. He translates everything for the girl in class because she has no idea as to what is being said. He doesn't even know everything that is being said either, but I think it's awesome that they have become good friends. They are very friendly and we got a little off topic from the "body parts" vocabulary we were learning. I asked the boy why he moved here. He said in his broken English "we have freedom here" "dictator in Cuba (Castro)" He seems to be loving the United States although he has trouble with the language. Talking to these teenagers has shown me as to how fortunate I am to have been born and live in the United States. I'm so thankful for all the opportunities I have here. 


After ESL Monday I had a Hilltoppers for Life meeting. Let's just say I'm so excited for this semester and all that we have planned. Want to know what we are up to? Check out the schedule of the next few months below: 


March 14: Tabling in DUC 1-3 (We will have all of our brochures and pro-life information on a table and we will talk to students)
March 17: 40 Days for Life in Nashville (praying outside the abortion clinic), St. Joe's Dinner at 6 (volunteer and getting support from a parish) 
March 19: Educational Meeting
March 23: October Baby Movie (Pro-life movie we are going to see as a group!)
March 24: 40 Days for Life in Louisville  (praying outside the abortion clinic) 
March 26: Kelly Lang at 7 pm (Silent No More, Kelly will speak about her abortion and how it has changed her life and is no pro-life)
April 1: Nursing Home Visit
April 3: Stakz fundraiser
April 16-20: Life week- collonade display on campus (Showing Juno, candlelight vigil, tabling, etc.) 



Yesterday (Tuesday) was a good day as well! I was really busy with no time to sit, but it was a beautiful sunny day. Highlights of the day: lunch outside with my friends, interesting classes, running, women's book study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment