Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 5K = Complete! 


Take One of after race! (Sun in eyes=wrong angle)

Take TWO- Much better! We did it!

I am very thankful that I completed it, although I didn't meet my goal. The Gym, in Southbury (which is literally 3 minutes from my house) put on the Turkey Trot 5K and there were 1,000 runners/walkers. It was a big race, which I enjoy. I ran with my Mom who always motivates me when I run (once again she beat me!)

I don't want to make excuses, buttttt it was quite chilly out (low 30's) and I have not run in that kind of weather yet this year, so I think that may be one of the reasons it didn't go as well as I would have liked. Also, my breathing was terrible! I need to learn to breath through my nose and out through my mouth a lot better. That is going to be my new running goal, learn how to control my breathing when running faster!

So, my final time was 27:55 (pace 9:12) which is under 30 minutes! So I'm happy about that. My goal was 26:30, but what I did wasn't too shabby. I came in 415/1050 (all) and 35/120 in my age group. 

I have to say, it was a great way to start Thanksgiving (considering I lots and lots of food was planned for later). Hopefully I can do the race again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment