Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pro-Life and the Election

So being pro-life and all you could probably figure who I voted for in the presidential election yesterday...I honestly could not believe the results because I was so hopeful for a good outcome. This morning my Twitter and Facebook were full of election comments and I couldn't stand reading them, so I just logged off. And the news this morning talked about it so I turned off the TV. Basically I was feeling really negative....until I received an email this morning from Susan B. Anthony List....

Dear Pro-life Friend,

We have work to do.

The most pro-abortion President in our nation’s history was re-elected.

That’s the bad news.

The good news is that we have heroes in Congress – some long-time warriors and some just elected just tonight – who are willing to take him on and fight for unborn children and women. But they are going to need our help.

Now is not the time to give up, but instead, I hope I can count on you to join me in fighting the President’s radical pro-abortion agenda for the next four years.

Let me make one thing clear: the pro-life cause did not lose tonight, Mitt Romney did. It is with a heavy heart that I say that he ran a campaign purely on economic issues – and time and time again did not go on offense on our issue. Polling this cycle and historical voting trends show that the pro-life issue isn’t only the right thing to do, but it is the winning thing to do politically. I’m afraid Mitt Romney and his team failed to recognize this. We will need to work on this too.
Now, let’s talk about the silver lining:
  • In the U.S Senate, Deb Fischer was elected by Nebraska voters tonight. This is a major victory for unborn children and women – she joins our hero Senator Kelly Ayotte as just the second pro-life woman Senator we have in Washington. She replaces Senator Ben Nelson, a self-described pro-life Democrat who betrayed unborn children by voting for Obamacare.
  • In Indiana, three major victories: Jackie Walorski won a Congressional seat. I can’t tell you how fired up she is to stand up for unborn babies and their moms in the House. Meanwhile, at the statewide level, Mike Pence and Sue Ellspermann were elected Governor and Lt. Governor. They are heroes to our cause.
  • In Missouri, Ann Wagner joins the ranks of our pro-life women in the House. I’ve known her for years and can’t wait to work with her next January.
  • In Iowa, Rep. Steve King is re-elected, despite a strong challenge from Christie Vilsack, a major supporter of abortion who even once directed a Planned Parenthood program. Working with Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), Steve King was a true, selfless hero in the fight to defund Planned Parenthood. I am so thrilled that we can count him in as one of the courageous leaders who will fight Obama’s radical abortion agenda in the House.
More victories – and more losses – will come in into the wee hours of tonight. And you can bet I’ll keep you posted as they come in.

Finally, Pro-life Friend, I’ve saved the best for last: Thanking YOU. I want to thank you for your enduring support of unborn children and women. I want to thank you for your enduring support of the SBA List. I want to thank you for everything you did to protect Life and Religious Liberty. I want to thank you for committing yourself – right now – to fighting Obama’s radical agenda and electing pro-life leaders who will pass laws that will save lives.

I can’t say it enough – thank you. Together, we will win this fight. Don’t lose faith. Unborn children and women are counting on us.

Marjorie

Marjorie Dannenfelser
President, Susan B. Anthony List
www.sba-list.org


This turned me into a better mood. The Pro-Life Movement is still strong and going. We can do this and I know we can! I'm proud to say that I am a member of Hilltoppers for Life on WKU'S campus and little by little we are making a difference in our community....which will eventually spread to the whole country. 

If you were wondering, The Susan B. Anthony List is...

"The Susan B. Anthony List, and its connected Political Action Committee, the SBA List Candidate Fund, are dedicated to electing candidates and pursuing policies that will reduce and ultimately end abortion. To that end, the SBA List will emphasize the election, education, promotion, and mobilization of pro-life women." 
Website

I'm on their email list so that's why I received the above email :)

No comments:

Post a Comment