Sunday, August 19, 2012

Looking Back at Summer Goals

Now that the summer is coming to an end I thought I would share my accomplished/unaccomplished goals this summer. I will probably be making some goals for the fall semester soon. 

1. Make at least one recipe out of the Spanish cookbook (I bought in Spain)
I made Magdalenas from the Spain cookbook which was a very simple recipe. And I thought they tasted good! 

2. Run 3 miles in 27 minutes. 
I ACCOMPLISHED IT! I'm very proud of this one :) At the beginning of the summer my baseline was 31:43. August 18th Mom and I ran a 5k (3.1 miles) and was time was 27:15. (Which means my 3 mile run would have been around 26:30). I am probably going to set a lower goal to accomplish by the end of first semester. 

3. Read 5 books
I have read 10, double the amount I wanted to do! Here is what I read:
An Invisible Thread
On the Island
Fireflies in December
No Turning Back
No Turn Back
Heaven is for Real
Black Diamond Death
Sisterhood Everlasting
Sinnerman
Gone Girl 


4. Be able to do 25 normal girl push-ups in a row
COMPLETED! 25 is my number. My baseline was 10 so I made progress.

5. Study for the GRE and do amazing on it!
Yes/No. I studied a lot this summer, at least a few hours 3-4 days a week. I improved on my score, but was hoping for higher. I may take it again during the fall semester.  

6. Scrapbook at least 10 pages, including Spain from last summer.
I only did the 6 pages I talked about last month....Christmas break maybe this will be completed?

7. Practice my Spanish at least 2 hours a week (through livemocha.com)
Hmm...not so much. Very little here and there.

8. Complete the Hilltoppers for Life blog
It's still a work in progress, but I have written several posts and I will keeping up with it this fall semester. 

9. Catch up on what is happening on Grey's Anatomy.
Never happened, but I'm okay with that. I couldn't find the episodes online. 

10. Take Bailey on at least 3 hikes.
We went on 2! 2 is better than none. Lots of trips to the dog park though. 

11. Memorize the entire Rosary 
Well, I believe this is going to be a fall semester goal. 

12. Get some sun, aka at least get some freckles back! 
Yes! I got some sun when I went to visit my grandparents in Florida. 


13. Spend some quality time with my family...in any kind of way.
Lots and lots! 

14. Send postcards to friends when I travel.
I've sent some to friends and family.

15. Continue to blog, can I make a goal of at least 15 posts/month?  
I averaged around 15 posts a month, which is great! I love blogging! 

I enjoyed sharing my goals and revisiting them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment