Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Story of the Day...

So I would like to share a story that happened to me, last night (Tuesday). It was a little after 9 pm and I'm walking back to my dorm from the Newman Center. I hadn't even completely passed the church yet and I notice this guy in front of me. He stops and notices me and asks me "Are you going to Hilltoppers for Christ?" and I said "no." He suggested that I should go and I said no again. And then he kept asking me all of these questions! He asked if that was the Catholic church there and I said yes and he asked me what it is like to be Catholic.. and he went on and on. He asked, "Is it okay if I walk with you?" and I said "ok" hesitantly. I was getting a little nervous because this guy looked like he was in his mid-20's.. so who knows if he was a student (even though he said he was). So I'm walking down the hill, walking really slowly to see if he would just walk faster and stop walking beside me, but he didn't. He asked questions like "What's your name?" "Where are you from?" "What's your major?" "What year are you?" "If I've ever been to NYC" and many more. He said he went to WKU then to NKU and then to WKU now and he was in the military too. Finally, once we reached Gatton, he finally went to other direction and said "Bye, maybe see you around campus" and I was so glad he didn't ask any more information from me. So that was a little scary for me because I thought this guy was really creepy. But who knows he really could be a normal nice guy.... but I was a little hesitant since it was dark outside and not many people were out. The ironic thing is I had just been to bible study and we talked about trusting others. We should act child like and trust and love everyone, whatever their circumstance. So maybe I should have been a little less worried. But that was my interesting story for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment