Saturday, May 22, 2010

Update on my Summer Reading List

It's been only one week of summer and I have finished two books on my summer reading list: The Hunger Games and Half-Broke Horses.

The Hunger Games was really good towards the end. I have to say the beginning and end were the best parts. The middle got a little bit boring. But the last 75 pages, I couldn't put the book down. It is part of a trilogy, so hopefully in the future I will be able to read the next two.

Half-Broke Horses was a completely different kind of book because it is non-fiction. It was really interesting and I wanted to keep reading it. It is set in the early 1900's and it amazes me on how some people lived back then. The Glass Castle, the book that was written by the same author was better, but they both were excellent! They are connected because Half-Broke Horses is about the grandmother's life of the girl in The Glass Castle. I would highly recommend reading both of them!

Next on the list: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

No comments:

Post a Comment