Monday, May 31, 2010

The Places I Love in Louisville

THESE ARE SOME OF THE PLACES THAT I WILL MISS!

My parish: St. Patrick Church. I have been going to this church since I moved to Louisville. I also went from K-8th grade here at the school. There are a lot of great memories here and I have met many genuine people here. My brother and I were confirmed in this church and my other brother was baptized here. Throughout high school I was involved in the youth ministry and have gone on amazing trips such as Nazareth Farm and NCYC. This church has set the foundation for my Catholic faith.

The Louisville Zoo. Although I haven't been in a long time I used to go all the time. When I was younger I went to a summer camp there every year and it was a blast! I knew all of the animals names and I even got to hold some of them! Every Halloween my brothers and I would dress up and go trick or treating (when we were little of course!)

This is my high school, Assumption High School. It is an all-girls Catholic high school. I loved it here and there were so many great memories. The teachers and students were all really nice and there was such a great sense of community.

Churchill Downs. Although I have never been to the Derby or Oaks, I have been here to watch horse racing. It is a lot of fun in the spring time!


DOWNTOWN LOUISVILLE/WATERFRONT PARK. Here is a list of the fun things that I have done here: Watched the air show/fireworks for thunder of Louisville, Science Center, Baseball museum, playground, Louisville Bats game (baseball), ran 3 mini marathons (and other races), Tumbleweed on the River, 4th Street Live (concerts, dinner, etc.), biking, Actors Theater to see plays (Lion King), and many others!



This is Tom Sawyer State Park. It is a beautiful park with a walking/running trail and plenty of soccer fields. I used to play in a soccer league out here when I was younger. I think I played out here for at least 5 years. I loved it here. There are playgrounds, a dog park, tennis courts, bike track, and pool.



This is the entrance of my neighborhood Lake Forest. I have lived her for 17 years! There are thousands of homes in the neighborhood. There are three pools, a clubhouse, golf course, several ponds, and sidewalks everywhere. There are so many nice people that live here and I am really going to miss it. We walk our dog around one of the ponds everyday. It is also a great place to run and bike.



Huber's Farm isn't in Louisville. It is in Indiana but it is really close. My family and I have been going there for years and when I was in grade school we would make school field trips there to pick pumpkins. They have you-pick fruits and vegetables and they are always delicious! They also have a good restaurant that is known for their rolls and apple butter. YuM!

No comments:

Post a Comment