Saturday, February 15, 2014

MMT 2014 Week Six

I survived! The snow and ice that is! This morning I went on a 8 mile run through Iroquois Park with lots of ice and snow. I'm glad that I didn't fall, although I slipped several times. 

My (frozen) face after the run.....


Excuse my weird expression...

It was a chilly 20 degrees during the 8 mile run this morning. My feet and hands were frozen at the beginning, but I finally warmed up and I enjoyed the run! I honestly think I could finish it because my legs were numb half the time...who knows? Iroquois Park is known for its hills so I ran around 5 miles of hills! Woohoo! And surprisingly I didn't die. 

This week started out a little rough. I was crunched for time and stressed earlier in the week so I let my workouts slip by. I went three days without running/working out, gasp! But after completing my 8 mile run today I know that taking a few days off won't kill me. Monday and Friday were snow days. Anyone else getting sick of the snow??? It's supposed to warm up this coming week which I'm excited about. Next week is the first leg of the Triple Crown, the Anthem 5K. I can't wait! :) 

This is how my week went...

WEEK 6:
2-9-14: weight lifted 45 minutes 
2-10-14: OFF
2-11-14:OFF
2-12-14: OFF
2-13-14: Yoga class 50 minutes, Ran/Walk 3 miles 35:06 (TM), elliptical 25 minutes 
2-14-14: Ran 4 miles (with 10 min of sprint/walk) 43:36 (TM) 
2-15-14: Ran 8 miles 1:19:28 

Total Mileage: 15 miles

I reached my goal of a 7 mile run for the week! My goal for week seven is to make the Anthem 5K my quickest 5K yet. I need to push myself for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment