Wednesday, November 27, 2013

John Mayer Concert (Plus Phillip Phillips!)

I went to the John Mayer concert last night at the Yum Center. It was awesome! I love John Mayer...and also Phillip Phillips who opened. 

I went with two girls in my class, Katie and Sarah, and two of their friends. Last week I was looking on Groupon (instead of studying, ha!) and found a really good deal for the concert. Only $30 for a $60 regular priced ticket. We weren't really close to the stage, but I think they were still pretty good seats. They had two jumbo trons for when John Mayer sang so we were able to see him close up. He makes the weirdest facial expressions! But I guess that makes him a great performer! 

I love John Mayer's older songs so I was hoping he would sing a lot of those. He ended up singing about half older and half of his newer stuff. I was familiar with the newer albums, but wasn't able to sing along. They were still good though. I really like "Dear Marie" and also "Age of Worry" (check out the lyrics of this one...I really like them!). 

I promise to get some better pictures. I only brought my phone (stupid that I forgot my camera) so these pictures aren't the best quality. 




Songs John Mayer sung (I will update when I find the official playlist):
Queen of California
Belief
Who Says
Waiting on the World to Change
Wildfire
Stop This Train
Dear Marie
Something Like Olivia
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Age of Worry
Half of My Heart
Gravity
Whiskey Whiskey Whiskey 
Paperdoll 
Why Georgia 
Come Back to Bed 
Journey's Don't Stop Believin'

Phillip Phillips was great too! I really like him and he is a great performer as well. I didn't know any of his songs so I listened to his CD a little before the concert. When I find his playlist I will add it here. He did sing his most popular songs "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone"



You to hear something exicting?!? Phillip Phillips tweeted me back! Check it out!


Call me a weirdo, but I was pretty excited about it. 


The speech gang! Me, Katie, and Sarah.

Speaking of speech...we were talking about how these singers could acquire vocal nodules because of singing so much and straining their vocal folds. #SLPProbs. We just couldn't get away from school ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment