Monday, April 22, 2013

Maker's Mark

On Saturday, I made a trip to Maker's Mark out in Loretto, KY. This was my second time going, but I don't remember too much from the last time because I wasn't 21 (aka not interested!). I went with Kevin and it was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for a tour! 

We had like a 70-year-old lady take us on the tour. She was really sweet and you could tell she loved her job. We walked all over the grounds and saw the process on how to make bourbon.

Did you know all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon? Learn something new everyday, right? 

There are characteristics as to what makes a bourbon a bourbon, but I don't remember so you may want to google that...Check this out if you want to know more! 

Fermenting....we were able to dip our finger in and taste- interesting!
It's kept in a barrel for 6 years
Wax dipping area. Kevin got to dip his own bottle which was neat!
Taste testing

Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment