Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lasagna Recipe

Over the weekend I made lasagna for the first time. I was a little apprehensive about making something new and sharing it with people but it turned out great! Kevin suggested that I make it and he thought it was even better than the lasagna he had the week before at a restaurant (hopefully that was the truth not just made up :) ) 

I looked up some recipes online and found this one from Kraft. I adapted it somewhat.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2 1/2 cups shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1 container (15 oz.) Natural part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used fresh)
1/4 cup parsley
1 egg, beaten
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce (I used a garlic flavored one)
1 cup water
12 lasagna noodles uncooked

Directions: 

Heat oven to 350°F.
BROWN meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. SEASON IT!!! This is the most important part (in my opinion, to make it taste like it has flavor). I added garlic powder, sicilian mix, and pepper. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups mozzarella, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until blended.
DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add 1 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until blended. Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.

Hannah's plate full!

No comments:

Post a Comment