Friday, June 22, 2012

Top of Empire State

Yesterday, Nick and I headed to NYC to meet up with my Uncle Ben and my cousins, Sean and Allison. We had a busy and fun day!


This is what we did....
1. Walked to the Empire State Building and went to the top.  Sean (5 years old) is OBSESSED with tall buildings, and Empire State being his favorite. He has postcards and miniature ones hanging up in his room. This was my first time going up to the top (considering how many times I have been the NYC the past couple of years). It was really cool! It was a little hazy but you could see up to 10 miles! 
Lobby
Cheesin' at the top of Empire State Building
2. Made our way up to Central Park and along the way....

  • Visited the Lego Store
  • Visited St. Patrick's Cathedral.  Sean and Allison shared with God that fish are what they are thankful far. (It was too cute!)
  • Stopped in FAO Schwartz Toy Shop. This was my first time here. One word to describe it: HUGE! It just kept going, going, and going. Any toy you can imagine was there, ANY!
Sean wanted this giant Angry Bird 
We finally made our way to Central Park (30 or so blocks) in the heat! We walked around for a little while and caught a cab back to the hotel. 
Climbing rocks in Central Park
3. Ate dinner at a dive, aka, hole in the wall...it was pizza and quite delicious.
4. Went to Bryant Park. Allison and Sean rode a merry-go-round and we played duck duck goose and tag. They wore me out!


Merry-go-round
Resting after a game of tag in Bryant Park
5. Headed back to their hotel and hung out for a little bit before Nick and I caught our train at Grand Central Station.

It was a fun day! And the good thing is my uncle, aunt, and cousins will be visiting our house tomorrow, so I will get to see them again. YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment