So this morning, we left at 8:30 and headed to the city. It took us only 1 1/2 hours which is record time, because usually it takes longer with all the traffic. Once we arrived we waited in line for about an hour outside. Luckily they had a truck giving away free coffee and breakfast foods, so I grabbed an iced coffee (note to self: add more sugar next time). At around 11 they let us inside and we waited some more. Then at 12:30 we were let into the studio.
The studio was a lot different then I imagined. It was small! But TV sure makes it look bigger. There were about 200 people in the audience- majority women (of course!). While we were waiting we had a comedian by the name of Thomas Kelly. He was quite funny, but a little crude too!
FINALLY, the show started! The four co-hosts today were Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd, and Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Here is how the show went...
1. They discussed random stuff such as botox and little boys wearing skirts...
2. Teri Hatcher was on! She talked about her new show Jane by Design.
3. Ice Cream from all over the country. Marc Summers (from Unwrapped) introduced all the companies. GRAETERS was there!! I thought we were going to get to sample some, but unfortunately we didn't :(
4. Segment about how to protect your skin during the summer
5. Keke Palmer from Akeelah and the Bee and Ice Age. She also hosted a singing contest for Mcdonald's workers....and because of that everyone in the audience received a $50 gift card! YAY!
|Outside the Studio|
|Our ticket waiting in line|
|Swee, Donna, and Mom|
|Mom and I waiting for it to start|
|Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd, and Elizabeth Hasselbeck|
|Teri Hatcher (with short hair!)|
It was a great experience and really fun too! I already signed up to get tickets for next year, maybe I will get lucky! It was a great day :)
After we went out to lunch at the Lincoln Center only a few blocks away. I had a delicious sandwich. Then we headed home!