Monday, August 8, 2011

The Outer Banks

Last week I went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina with my family for a family reunion on my mom's side. We rented a big house in Corolla and there were a total of 19 of us that enjoyed the vacation. Our house was only a 5 minute walk from the beach so it was really close! We had beautiful weather and it was great to see my family!


Highlights of the vacation:
- Going to the beach (almost everyday)
- Riding the huge waves in an inner tube
- Swimming in our OWN pool!
- Walking up the big sand dunes in Kitty Hawk
- "Discovering the Lost Colony"
- Celebrating my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary- including a wedding cake and the newlywed game.
- Riding bikes
- Going for runs on the beach
- Watching fireworks on the roof
- Time to read and listen to music while sitting on the beach
- Getting to talk and catch up with family members I haven't seen in awhile
- Seeing Friends with Benefits with my aunt, great aunt, grandma, and mom


To end this post I want to say that I am so grateful and lucky to have lots of opportunities to travel this summer. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) I've been to all over Spain, Dominican Republic, Outer Banks, Boston, Newport, and of course still exploring my new home state CT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment