Wednesday, August 17, 2011

HP6 and The Last Summer (of You and Me)

I recently finished two books: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling and The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares.


I only have one book left to read in the Harry Potter series! I had never seen the 6th movie so when I read the Half-Blood Prince it was all new to me. It wasn't one of my favorite of the series, but it was still action-packed like all of the other ones. 





The Last Summer was written by the same author as Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so I thought that I woul read it. This book was written for adults rather than teenagers. It was a quick and easy read. I couldn't put it down because I had to see how it ended. I really like the three main characters in the book and see how they developed throughout the novel. Below is a summary of the book from: Amazon


"The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants author delivers her first novel for adults, a treacly tale about the tribulations a trio of longtime friends encounter. For as long as she can remember, 21-year-old Alice has spent summers on Fire Island with her parents and older sister, Riley. Riley, 24, is a beach lifeguard, more boyish in both looks and spirit than sweet, feminine Alice. An island neighbor and Riley's best friend, Paul, whose father is dead and mother mostly absent, returns to the island after two years away and must decide whether to sell his family's house there. More importantly, he and Alice finally act on an attraction they've felt for years, but they keep their frequent nuzzling quiet so as not to hurt Riley. Riley, meanwhile, has her own problems that could ruin Alice and Paul's clandestine romance and just about everything else. Brashares's YA roots are on display: the girls and Paul act like high school kids (Riley threatens to move out of the house unless everyone butts out; Paul and Alice are stricken with the most saccharine of puppy love), and anything below the surface is left untouched. It's a beach read, for sure, but a mediocre one."

No comments:

Post a Comment