Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mixture

I haven't updated my blog much lately so I wanted to post a bunch of random things that I wanted to blog awhile ago, but just forgot or didn't have time. 
First thing: I'm home for the summer! Well at least for 2 weeks until I leave for Spain :) Nick and I drove back from Louisville yesterday and made it in 12 1/2 hours and stopped only twice. I think that was record time. I'm glad to be home.
Second thing: I made something that I had never made before. Chocolate Bacon. I wanted try it because I had seen it on Food Network/Travel Channel. It didn't turn out the best because the chocolate was falling off, but the taste wasn't bad! I tried a little of it. It seems that every time that I try to bake something new it doesn't turn out the way I want it to, but at least I try! 
Third thing: I went on a retreat the weekend of April 28-29. It was called "Be Still and Know that I am God" The whole retreat was silent besides at the meals. It was a good time to think and pray by myself. I read almost a whole (spiritual) book while there. It was a great way to spend the weekend before the stress of finals and last papers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment