Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Home at Last!

Yesterday I left Bowling Green, KY and made it home to Southbury, CT! This is my first time home since the semester started in August. It feels really good to be home! I really missed my family and it's great to be all together again. I am looking forward to a fun and relaxing break.

Yesterday was my first time flying by myself. It wasn't bad at all! And luckily I didn't have to get a TSA pat down! (Probably because I was in Louisville, which is a small airport) The flights weren't too bad and I found my connecting flight easily! I hope my flight back to Bowling Green will be a good experience too.

So what I am doing over Thanksgiving break?

Thanksgiving day I am going to the Macy's Day Parade in New York City. I have never been before and I am super excited! Mom and I are leaving the house at 4:30 am or so to get there! Later my dad and brothers will meet us there. Then we are coming home for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. I already made the mashed potatoes for tomorrow and they look yummy! It will be my Mom, Dad, Nick, Chris, and I... a great family meal together :) It has been YEARS since only the five of us are together for Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure what we are going to be doing after Thanksgiving. Black Friday shopping? Hmm... don't think so, I'm thinking I want to sleep instead. We might see a movie, possibly "Unstoppable" with the family. But my Mom and I want to see "Love and Other Drugs." I'm sure whatever we do it will be fun.

I will be sure to update you about my break! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment