Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Summer Job

At the beginning of the summer I had the hardest time trying to find a job. At the end of June I finally found one. I was hired at an amusement park in Middlebury, CT called Quassy. I was really excited to finally get a job and make some money. Little did I know it wasn't going to be a great job. They seem unorganized and I only work on weekends. I wanted to work almost everyday because I had nothing else going on. They would only tell me a couple days before that I was working that weekend. They also never told me when my shift would be over. One day it was one hour another day nine hours. They expected me to know what I was doing, but I was new. So how would I know? So.... because of all of this, a new babysitting job, and a busy August, I quit my job yesterday. Saturday will be my last day.

For a week and half I will be babysitting a neighbor and making twice the amount of would be making at Quassy! It is sooo much better than serving hamburgers and hot dogs all day.

I am very pleased that I am making some money this summer because I didn't think I was going to at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment