Monday, August 2, 2010

Hullabalou


Train

On Friday July 23 while I was visiting in Louisville, I went to Hullabalou. It is a 3-day concert with around 50 bands/singers at Churchill Downs. I went for the first day with my friend Maura! It was awesome! Even though it was sooo hot and I was sweating sooo much I had a great time listening to music and spending time with Maura.

These are the bands we saw:

1. Green River Ordinance
They were really good! I had no idea who they were but they sounded great. The very last song that they sang ("Come On") I recognized! So I did kind of know them. I bought some of their songs on itunes already.

2. Sam Bush

3. Chrisette Michelle
R & B singer... not really the kind of music I like, but she had a nice voice

4. B 52's
They were really cool! We didn't get to hear "Love Shack", but we heard some other songs. Their dance moves were hilarious considering they are in their 50's or 60's

5. Train
Great! We grabbed our sits early so we got decent sits. They sounded great and they played their most popular songs

6. Dierks Bentley
I am not a country fan, but he was awesome! It was country that I could handle and he was very good looking :)

7. Bon Jovi
The main band. They were amazing! It was fun to sing and dance along to their songs. Some of their dance moves were funny too. Even though they were small and far away the music was loud. The best song was the last one... "Living on a Prayer"

It was a long day, but totally worth it! I hope to go next year. Also Maura and I were in the newspaper the next day... the back of our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment