Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Expect A Miracle"



My Home Parish Group: St. Patrick


It has been two years since I went on a mission trip to Nazareth Farm. It was an amazing experience where I lived simply, prayed, lived as a community, and served others. I will never forget the people I helped and met. It was truly a great experience and I want to go back so bad! I hope sometime in the future I will get to go again and discover God in a whole different way once again. If you would like to know more about it I would love to share it with you!



Mission Statement of Nazareth Farm

Nazareth Farm is a Catholic community in rural West Virginia that transforms lives through a service-retreat experience. We are devoted to living out the Gospel message through the cornerstones of community, simplicity, prayer, and service. We serve alongside our neighbors to address substandard housing by providing home repair. We celebrate the richness of Appalachia and experience God by building relationships between our volunteers and the local community.


From their website: http://www.nazarethfarm.org/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment