Friday, April 30, 2010

Spanish Mystery

Last night I went to my Spanish professor's house play a Spanish mystery game with 20 other Spanish students. It was from 6-9. The rules were that we had to speak ONLY Spanish and try to figure out the mystery. It was a little intimidating because there were several students that were already fluent in Spanish because they were in a higher level than me. But luckily I wasn't the only one that felt that way. There were some people from my class that went so I knew a lot of the people there.

I had a blast! I couldn't believe that I could talk in Spanish (for the most part :)) for 3 hours! I feel like my Spanish is really improving! I'm definitely still far away from becoming fluent, but I'm making my way! My character name was Ricardina, and I was the younger sister of the hot and popular Ricardo, who is an amazing guitar player. While we were there his guitar got stolen! We all had to figure out who stole his guitar. So we talked to each other and found out clues. I didn't like Ricardo because he received all the attention and I didn't receive any, being his younger sister with no musical talent (besides the maracas haha). In the end, we find out that several people were involved with the stealing of the guitar.

This activity reminded me of my love for the Spanish. I know that a Spanish major is right for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment