Thursday, March 11, 2010

From Kentucky to Connecticut


It will only be about 3 months until my family and I will no longer be Louisville, Kentucky residents. We will be moving to Southbury, Connecticut in June. My dad accepted a job up there so will be moving up there. It is going to be a big change and something different because I have lived in Louisville since I was 2 years old. It has been a great 17 years! I have come to love Louisville, but I will hopefully visit there frequently because I will be staying at WKU. Although only my immediate family lives in Louisville, it is considered my home. It will be sad to leave, but I'm excited to start a new adventure. I am going to miss all of my friends and all the things that make Louisville unique. My church, neighborhood, and my high school are the places that make me happy. It will always be HOME.

Southbury is going to be VERY different. Below is the information from Southbury, CT website (www.southbury-ct.org):

"Southbury was incorporated in 1787 and is home to over 19,000 residents. We are host to Heritage Village, a premier retirement community of over 2,500 units set on a beautiful golf course. Our new state of the art library serves nearly 550 people daily and is open 337 days a year. Our Parks and Recreation Department provides sporting activities and events for all residents and our low mil rate of 20.9 creates a favorable business atmosphere. Located mid way between Waterbury and Danbury on Interstate 84, the rural setting and commuting opportunities are unique. Southbury has a diverse mixture of housing opportunities to satisfy all economic requirements. Our school system is first class; our taxes are low, and our residents are neighborly."

Going from 700,000 people to 19,000 people is going to be a culture shock, but I think I'm ready to experience the small town feel. It will be exciting to explore the area and learn about the Northeast. Over the summer, I went to visit and got to explore a little bit. I even got to go to New York City while I was there! It is only 3 hours (with no traffic) to get there. So a big city is not too far away!

I hope I will get some visitors when I move up there! :)


City Hall in Southbury, Connecticut

No comments:

Post a Comment