Monday, March 22, 2010

Español

Plaza de España in Seville



Today I started my Spanish 202 bi-term class. Yesterday I was really anxious about it because I hadn't taken Spanish since first semester. I thought it was going to be hard. Once I got to class I realized that there was nothing to be nervous about. All the Spanish that I knew came back to me. I actually really enjoyed my time in class today and realized how much I had missed Spanish. The class is definitely going to be more challenging than 201, but I am excited to learn even more. I will have it everyday which might get a little old, but I think practicing Spanish everyday will help me in the long run. I am still glad that I am a Spanish major. I can't wait to be become fluent and with my other major help Spanish-speaking children!

Since I'm on the subject of Spanish I thought I would share why I love the Spanish language and want major in it. I've taken Spanish since I was in Kindergarten, but I didn't realize that I liked it until I was in high school. Freshman year I had an awesome teacher for Spanish and she made it really fun. Sophomore year, I had a very intelligent and challenging Spanish teacher. That was when it all started to occur to me, huh, maybe I should major in Spanish in college. Then I had the opportunity to sign up and travel to Spain with my school for Spring Break 2008 (my junior year). I was very fortunate to be able to go and I truly fell in love with the country and language. It was an amazing vacation! I went to Madrid, Seville, Toledo, and Cordoba. I have decided that I want to live in Spain one day (preferably in Madrid)! Senior year I had the same professor as sophomore year and learned more Spanish than ever before. And here I am now taking 202 and working my way up to a Spanish major!

Royal Palace in Madrid

Plaza Mayor in Madrid

Looking over Toledo

1 comment:

  1. Tienes mucha suerte! Me alegro que te encanto to clase de espanol! Me gustaria hablar espanol con tigo! :D

    ReplyDelete