Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Recipe #3: Chickpea Salad with Feta and Basil

 I tried a new recipe today!
"Ten-Minute Chickpea Salad With Feta and Basil"
From: Herbivoracious by: Michael Natkin


My mom had a few friends over for lunch today so I thought I would look for a side dish that was appropriate. I got this book from the library yesterday and decided to try this recipe. I thought it was quite delicious and great for a summer afternoon. It was very simple!

Ingredients:
2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Half red onion, finely diced
Half cucumber, finely diced
1 jar roasted red and/or yellow peppers, coarsely chopped
8 ounces feta, crumbled
1 garlic clove, crushed and minced (or from a jar)
1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
1. Combine the chickpeas, onion, cucumber, roasted peppers, feta, garlic, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil in salad bowl. Toss well.
2. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. 
3. Serve right away, or refrigerate up to a few hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment