The nice thing about this show was I didn't have to get up at the crack up dawn like for the Live with Kelly and Michael. The taping started at 2 pm and last about 2 hours. We were advised to arrive at 12:30, so we did and waited for a little bit. A lot of waiting, but totally worth it. We were seated in the front row, but all the way to the right. Who knows if we will be on TV, but it would be pretty cool if we were. The angle wasn't best because we saw the backs of the guests and also the giant screen in the back of the stage.
The episode was all about adoption. I definite pro-life theme which I was happy about :). Here is how the show flowed and who the guests were:
1. Of course, Kate Couric came out and introduced herself. She also revealed the theme of the show
2. Nia Vardolos (the lady from My Big Fat Greek Wedding) came out and she was the co-host for the show. She shared her story about adopting her daughter.
3. Kim Whitley, a comedian, came on stage and shared her adoption story as well. She will have a show on OWN Network called Raising Whitley about raising her son by herself and with the help from her family and friends.
4. Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser shared her story about adopting a child and having a baby at the same time too. It was so cool to see her!
5. A family struggled with adopting one of their children for 5 1/2 years. They have adopted three kids and they are the cutest. This family will be featured in People magazine once this show recording is released.
The taping lasted 2 hours, which was long considering the show on TV is only 1 hour. They must be cutting a lot? I'm not sure.
|Outside The Cloisters|
A little info about The Cloisters: