This was first posted on my pro-life group's blog (hilltoppersforlife.wordpress.com). I wrote it and thought I would share on my blog as well!
Kate Bryan came to Western Kentucky University on March 7, 2013. Kate Bryan is in charge of media relations for Live Action. Because of traveling difficulties she arrived late so a few members of Hilltoppers for Life prepared a presentation. At the beginning, John Sohl, the president introduced the group. Erin Ruppelt, the secretary introduced Live Action. Alaina Mikulcik, the tresurer, asked the students questions. According to their website Live Action, "are a youth led movement dedicated to building a culture of life and ending abortion, the greatest human rights injustice of our time. We use new media to educate the public about the humanity of the unborn and investigative journalism to expose threats against the vulnerable and defenseless." Live Action was started by Lila Rosa. She was only 15 when she started this pro-life group in 2003. At the age of 18 she did her first undercover investigation at a Planned Parenthood. In 2008, Live Action became an official non-profit organization.
To give some examples of some of Live Action's investigations HFL showed several videos before Kate Bryan arrived. Below are the projects they have started. Each has several videos that demonstrate the unmoral acts of Planned Parenthood.
1. Protect our Girls
- An investigation into sex-selection abortion at Planned Parenthood (http://www.liveaction.org/gendercide/texas/)
2. Exposing Planned Parenthood’s Cover-up of Child sex-trafficking
- Pimps will bring in their prostitutes for abortions or ask for birth control for underage females (http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood-aids-sex-ring/)
3. The Rosa Acuna Project
- Video investigation documents PP giving women medically inaccurate counseling. (http://www.liveaction.org/rosaacuna/appleton-wi-the-rosa-acuna-project/)
4. The Advocate
- Pro-Life Campus Magazine. Distributed to hundreds of high schools and college campuses.
5. Project Truth
- Answering PP’s Media deceptions(http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood-ceos-false-mammogram-claim/)
6. Investigation: Racism Project
- Undercover calls show PP gladly accepting funds earmarked for race-based abortions (http://www.liveaction.org/the-planned-parenthood-racism-project/)
- Educating the world about the reality of abortion using graphic images.
After several of these videos were shown and some discussions were brought up, Kate Bryan arrived and began her presentation.
Kate Bryan wanted to emphasize that the reason Live Action exists is to get people talking. All of these videos show realities that happen in the abortion industry that many people don't know. It is good to get discussion going so maybe the hearts and minds of people will be changed in a positive light that supports the pro-life movement. Kate shared her history and how she became involved in the pro-life movement. She lived and worked in Ireland for 2 1/2 years. Youth Defence is a pro-life group that works hard to maintain the illegality of abortion in Ireland. She has done some amazing pro-life works during her life and she shared some inspiring stories.
Several questions and topics were brought up during the night. There was a healthy discussion flowing in the room about how money is spent in a Planned Parenthood facility, are mammograms preformed there (no they are not), what women feel when they step into an abortion clinic, what other resources PP offers to women, are women happy when they receive an abortion, treatment of women in society, etc. There were a mix of pro-life and pro-choice students in the room which made it quite a discussion.
Overall, the event was successful and if you asked anybody that attended they would probably say they learned something new about the culture of life and love and the realities of Planned Parenthood.
For more information about Live Action visit: