Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

Outside American Museum of Natural History

Fenway Park

Scott and I in Central Park


It is 2011! Happy New Year to all. I have had a GREAT and busy first week of 2011 so I haven't had much time to update my blog. I got back home from Florida/Louisville late New Year's Eve. Scott came back with my family so he got to stay here with us for a week!

Here are some of the highlights of what Scott and I did while he was here:

New York City:
We went to NYC on Monday. We went to the American Museum of Natural History (where "Night at the Museum" was filmed). After we walked through Central Park. It was very icy and the lake was completely frozen! Then we went to St. Patrick's Cathedral which was beautiful with all the Christmas decorations. For dinner we ate at Olive Garden for dinner right in the middle of Times Square. It was pretty cool! We also saw the HUGE Christmas tree in Rockefellar Plaza. All the decorations were so pretty! It was an awesome day and Scott got to spend his birthday there!

Mystic, CT:
We ate dinner at Mystic Pizza which is famous because the movie "Mystic Pizza" was filmed there (Julia Roberts was in it).

Boston:
Yesterday we went to Boston and met up with Aaron and Jordan. It was a lot of fun to be reunited with some Western friends. We first went to Fenway Park where the Red Sox play. We went on a tour and it was cool to see the inside and learn about the history because I didn't know much about them. Then we went on the Freedom Trail and saw some historical landmarks. We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant and then got some yummy cupcakes! Although it was cold outside it was so much FUN!

Overall, it has been a great week with Scott! I'm ready to spend some more time with my family during my last two weeks of break. I'm sure it's going to fly by.

Switching subjects.....WE HAVE A FOOT OF SNOW OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW! Two weeks ago I missed the big snow here because I was in Florida, but now I get to experience my first big snow in Connecticut. I'm ready to go sledding!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment