Thursday, January 13, 2011

Penny Collection

Beginning in 8th grade when I was on my class trip to Chicago I started my penny collection. Have you ever seen those machines at tourist places where you pay 50 cents plus a penny to squish a penny for a cool design? Well, I collect those! I was looking at my pennies the other day and thought, "Wow I have quite a few now!" The majority of them are from places in Chicago because I went crazy when I first started collecting them. But below is what I have so far:

Museum of Science and Industry (in Chicago)
Sears Towers (in Chicago) x2
The Field Museum (in Chicago) x2
Rainforest Cafe (in Chicago) x2
Navy Pier (in Chicago)
Shedd Aquarium (in Chicago)
Alder Planetarium (in Chicago)
Louisville Zoo x2
Schimpff's Confectionery (in New Albany, IN)
Lady and the Tramp (from Disney World)
Harbour Town (from Hilton Head)
My Lucky Mojo Charm (from New Orleans)
The Preservation Society of Newport County "The Breakers" (from Newport, RI)
Pilgrim Monument (from Provincetown, MA)
Cape Cod
Central Park Zoo (from NYC)
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park (from Florida)
Massachusetts the Bay State (from Boston, MA)
American Museum of Natural History (from NYC)
A Slice of Heaven (from Mystic Pizza in Mystic, CT)

Total: 24

And I'm hoping to double that number in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment