Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What did I do in Florida?

I'm leaving my Grandparents house in Florida tomorrow and I had a lot of fun while I was here. It was great to spend the holidays with them because I hadn't seen them since the summer. Here are a few things that we did:

Tampa:
We went downtown to walk around the river, which was very pretty, although it was a little chilly. We went to the aquarium too. We saw some cool fish. I also got to touch some starfish!

The Dali Museum:
In St. Petersburg there is museum that has many works by Salvador Dali. I studied him in Spanish class in high school. It was neat to see some of his works because I actually knew who he was. He is a CREATIVE artist. All of his paintings were amazing! We listened to a tour too, so I learned a lot more about him.

Homosassa State Park:
I got to see so many animals including: MANATEES!, hippo, wolves, owls, bobcat, panther, many types of birds, alligator, turtles, deer, and many more. This place was pretty cool! I was standing like 3 feet away from a 6,000-lb hippo. He was HUGE! We listened to a manatee presentation which was interesting. I learned that they feed the rescued manatees 600 lbs of food a day. That's a lot!

Tomorrow I'm headed to Louisville to spend the night. I will get to see some friends and pick up someone too!

No comments:

Post a Comment