Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 9 Mini-marathon training 2013

TODAY is EXACTLY two months until the mini-marathon in Louisville! YAY!
My training has been going really well, and I'm happy about that. My Mom called me the other day and told me we have our hotel booked for the race. I think it will be here before I know it! That makes me excited in another way too because two weeks after the race I graduate. Who else is excited?! 

I don't think I've shared this yet, but my friend Maggie will be running too. We have been running  together usually 3-4 times a week. She is a huge motivation and I'm so glad to have a running buddy. They help BIG time. I know if I didn't have her then I would probably wimp out and not run as long. Thanks for running with me Maggie :) We always have a good time. Plus, if you ask me we are hardcore runners...we ran in the sleet today! woo!

This past week on Thursday and Friday I wasn't feeling that great so I added a little walking to my run on Friday. Here's how the rest of the week went....

WEEK 9:
2-17-13: OFF
2-18-13: Ran 7 miles 1:08:24
2-19-13: 45 minutes elliptical, 20 min weights 
2-20-13: Ran 5 miles 48:22
2-21-13: 75 minutes cardio craze class 
2-22-13: Ran/walk 4.5 miles 1:05:48
2-23-13: Ran 1 mile 9:41, walked 10 min, weights 25 minutes 

Total Mileage: 17.5 

On another note... According to my Dailymile, which I started back in August, February has been the most distance so far! 71 miles, would you look at that! Exciting :) As you can see too, I'm also at the 300 mile mark since August. I love running! 



No comments:

Post a Comment