Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Cheesecake

Happy Valentine's Day! (a day late...)
I was trying to figure out what to get Kevin. I knew I wanted to bake him some sort of sweet, but I wasn't sure what. Last weekend he complained that he only had blueberry pie at his house and not cheesecake. I don't know how many times he said "I wish we had some cheesecake." So, that's what I made him! I've never made cheesecake before so I looked on the Internet for awhile trying to look for an easy , but tasty recipe. 

I found this one from Kraft's website. Click here for the online recipe. 

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla 
4 eggs

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix graham crumbs, 3 Tbsp sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust. Bake 55 min or until the center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

AND.... to spice it up for Valentine's day. Top with cherry filling in the shape of a heart. Add chocolate chips to it as well! 

Also, I don't have a mixer so I used a big spoon and it worked fine. 

Graham cracker crust all set

Pre-decorations
What do you think of my heart?

Completed!
I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day! I didn't do much, but I will be going to Nashville with Kevin this weekend to celebrate. I hope he likes his cheesecake! :) 

I enjoyed making this cake and it made me realize how much I miss trying out new recipes. I think a new goal of mine is to at least try a new recipe every other week. It's so much fun and I like seeing how people will react when they try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment