Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent 2013 Begins

Today is Ash Wednesday, which is the beginning of the Lenten season. I've never shared what I will/won't be doing for Lent on my blog, but I'm going to share with you what I will be doing this time. Growing up all you hear is "I'm giving up chips, I'm giving up TV, I'm giving up coke, etc. etc." Now, as an adult it is more than giving up something. I will continue to give up at least one thing, but I also add something in my life to strengthen my prayer life. 

This year, like I have in the past, will be giving up desserts. I have a huge sweet tooth so this is always tough for me. Usually I will splurge on Sundays because it's like a "mini Easter" but I'm going to go all Lent. Wish me luck! 

What I will be adding:
1. Learn about the Saints. A few months ago I signed up for Catholic Online's Saint of the Day emails. I usually delete them because I figure I don't have enough time to read them. So this Lent I will be reading about those Saints and writing key points in one of my journals.

2. Read the daily readings. I'm going to read the readings for that day. I've always said that I need to read the Bible more so I will be doing that. This is the website that I use http://www.usccb.org/bible/.

For some reason this year, Lent didn't sneak up on me as quickly so I had some time to think about what I will be doing. I believe these will be good for me and possibly I will update you on some cool Saints that I've learned about. I hope I can grow closer to God as we prepare for his coming in 40 Days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment