Thursday, September 6, 2012

Whole Wheat Applesauce Muffins

I finally did some baking! I've been getting the urge to bake and I found a "autumny" muffin recipe that I was excited to try. I tweaked the recipe a little bit (one because I didn't have any eggs and two because I forgot to add the vanilla extract, oops!) 



My roommate, Hannah,  thought they were delicious according this picture:



She says quote "my tastebuds are in heaven!" (She actually did say this, in case you were wondering)


Here are all the ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg




Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin pan well with cooking spray.
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. 
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add dry ingredients, along with applesauce, to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
Separate the batter into the muffin pan- fill 3/4. Bake for 15-20, until the edges get brown. ENJOY :)

I finally got to use my new pig whisk! I was excited!


TA-DA!

Adapted from Eat, Live, Run 

No comments:

Post a Comment