Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer is going so fast

I haven't blogged in awhile because this past week my boyfriend, Scott, visited for a week. The week went by so fast I can't believe that it is almost the end of July! Only one more month left until I will be heading back to school for fall semester. Next week I will be in Outer Banks, North Carolina for a family reunion on my mom's side. After that I only have 2 weeks until I will be back in Kentucky!


This past week flew by because I had a good time with Scott and we were busy almost the entire time he was here. Wednesday we went to Newport, RI. I went there last year and once again it was beautiful as ever! We went on the Cliff Walk which is a walk along the water and there are famous mansions along the way. Later, we visited the Isaac Bell House which is one of the Mansions in Newport that people can visit. It was a pretty day outside, but hot.


On Friday we went to Jennings Beach in Fairfield, CT. I've been to that beach a few times but not once gone into the water. This time was completely different because I was in the water the majority of the time. Usually the water is way too cold, but it was hot and humid (over 100 degrees) so it was unbearable to sit out in the sun that long. It was good to get some more sun and tan. After the beach we went to a BBQ restaurant called Wilson's. Scott had seen it featured on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives on the Food Network, so we wanted to try it out. It was delicious! 



Sunday we went to Boston. We went to a Red Sox game. It was the first time for both Scott and I to watch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. It was a lot of fun and exciting that they won! I now know some of the players for the Red Sox because before I didn't know much about the team. After the game we took the T to Hard Rock Cafe in the Haymarket area for dinner. Then we headed home. The weather was perfect and we had a great day in Boston! I really like that city. 

That's all I have for now, hope you are having a good summer!

 Jennings Beach
Red Sox Game

No comments:

Post a Comment