Friday, April 22, 2011

Lots of Baking!

Today I did a lot of baking because I wanted to make some treats for Easter to share with friends. I will actually be able to try what I made because Lent is over Sunday! Today I made sugar cookies that are in the shape of flowers and Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. I have never made either of these, but I wanted to try something new. The cookies didn't turn out as well as I thought, but I'm sure they still taste delicious! 

I made up my own recipe for the Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. I combined two recipes that I found off the internet. Here is the recipe: 

Ingredients:
1 Duncan Hines box Red Velvet cake mix
3/4 cup butter, after melted
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 - 8oz blocks cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine egg, butter, water in a bowl. Add box mix, stir until the ingredients are combined, and lumps are gone.
3. Add chips and pour mixture into the greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
4. To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
5. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter. 
6. Gently swirl two batters with a butter knife.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set.
A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned. 
8. Enjoy! :)
Flower Sugar Cookies

My messy desk!

Adding the chocolate chips to the Red Velvet batter

Cheesecake/Cream Cheese mixture (I think it was supposed to be thicker, but I don't know what happened!)

Ready for the oven

Completed masterpiece

YUM!

Website for recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment