Friday, March 25, 2011

School Obeservation

For my EDU 250: Intro to Education class I'm required to observe 15 hours in a school. This week I just started to observing. WKU's Education Department assigned me to a Speech Pathologist at Warren Elementary. Although I've had to wake up really early to observe it has been a great experience. I really enjoy it and I've learned a lot. 


I have never observed a Speech Pathologist in a school setting and so far I think I would like this setting the best once I earn my degree. They are at school from 7am -3pm and give therapy to cute kids all day! I have seen many different types of observations, including AAC device, fluency, language, and articulation. What is really neat is I was able to see testing for an articulation disorder (can't say a certain sound) and for a fluency disorder (stuttering). It amazes me that one day I will be able to do all of that! I'm looking forward to it, but still have a lot to learn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment