Sunday, March 6, 2011

España Este Verano!

Yesterday I received an official email stating that I was accepted into the KIIS Spain I program this summer! I'm so excited! I actually was awarded a scholarship from the Modern Languages Department to study in Spain even before I was accepted. 


I will be studying from May 30- June 30, 2011. Here is the description of my program from kiis.org:

"Since 1979, the KIIS Spain I summer program has offered students intermediate Spanish-language study in the charming city of Segovia. During this month-long program, students develop their language skills and immerse themselves in Spanish life. The program includes a homestay.

Only 60 miles north of Madrid, Segovia is an attractive provincial capital in the foothills of the Guadarrama mountains. The city retains the strong, traditional character of Old Castile and has a visible history that dates back to pre-Roman times— Segovia’s world-renowned castles, aqueducts, museums and beautiful environs provide ample evidence. Segovia also offers a weekly open-air market, picturesque plazas and cafes, a lively nightlife and frequent cultural events such as the weeklong Fiestas de San Juan y San Pedro at the end of June.

The pleasant early-summer weather and congeniality of the Spanish people lend a spirit of cordial hospitality to the city. Segovia's location also makes it ideal for individual and group excursions. In additionl to daily classes, the Spain I program includes an all-day orientation to Madrid and group excursions to world-heritage sites such as Toledo and Salamanca. On select weekends, students may travel independently in Spain and beyond."

I will be taking 6 hours. I applied for Spanish 374: Literature and Culture of Spain and Spanish 331: Business Spanish. I hope enough people applied and they will be offering both of these. 

I submitted four other scholarship applications...just need to wait for those results now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment