Saturday, October 2, 2010

Eventful Day!

Today I volunteered at Chaney's Dairy Barn Birthday Party with the Honors Club. I was there from 9:30-5:00. It was a long day, but definitely fun and entertaining. I helped with the duck pound and painting pumpkins. The kids were so cute and made their pumpkins VERY colorful. It was such a beautiful and sunny day until 3.... Around that time all of a sudden it became really, really windy. There was an inflatable at the party and it completely flipped over and there were kids inside! There were about 8 kids in there screaming and parents yelling, "My babies!" Many parents helped out and rescued all the children. It was kind of scary because potentially those kids could have been thrown down to the ground or suffocated. But thankfully everything turned out fine. So that was my day, I got to help cute kids, eat yummy Chaney's ice cream, get 7 1/2 hours of service and watch the wind blow everything over!

No comments:

Post a Comment