Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Recipes: Pancakes + Tea

I don't why I was feeling creative this week with trying new recipes considering my pantry and refrigerator were empty. I refused to go grocery shopping right before Spring Break. But, what do you know, two recipes to share with you! 

First I found an easy Greek Yogurt Pancakes recipe. It was perfect because I had all the ingredients plus blueberries!

Ingredients:
6 oz Greek Yogurt (I used Plain Chobani, but I bet flavored would taste even better)
1 egg
1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat, but any works)
1 tsp baking soda
Fruit and toppings to add 

Directions:
 1. Open the yogurt container and stir the yogurt until it’s smooth and creamy. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda
3. Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick
4. Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones
5. Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides 

Serve with butter, syrup, fruit, Nutella, PB, whatever you would like!
I personally ate my plain and my second one pancake I added honey. DELICIOUS! 
Adapted from: Everyday Belle


Second thing of the week I made was Chai Tea Latte. This was a total experiment, but it turned out great!
Ingredients:
Milk
Water
Chai Tea Bag
2 TB Honey (or agave nectar)
Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice)

Directions:
Fill a mug with half milk and half water. Add two tablespoons of honey. Stir and microwave until hot. Add the spices and tea bag. Enjoy :) Just about as good as Starbucks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment